[cctbxbb] Not wishing to raise this again but...

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 14 04:10:30 PDT 2016

Hey there!

Well I guess I say something even though I don't have much to say
really. I've been contributing to CCTBX for the past 13 years, so I feel
like this conversation is not too irrelevant to me to say the least.

I don't have strong opinion about staying with svn vs moving to git. I
routinely contribute to CCTBX (which is SVN-based) and I routinely
contribute to my other activity - Q|R (Quantum Refinement, which is
hosted by GitHub). I'm comfortable with both environments as I'm using
only the minimal functionality of both: check in, check out, diff..
period. I'm not interested in branching/etc sophistication; this is just
because the way I structure my workflow..

My current understanding is that moving CCTBX to use git boils down to:
- actually someone doing it; AND
- taking good proper responsible care of the aftermath (if any).

So far no-one volunteered to embrace this challenge, as far as I know.

In summary I think we should move to git, at least to follow the vector
of progress.

All the best,
Pavel