[cctbxbb] cctbxbb Digest, Vol 92, Issue 17

Tijskens Engelbert Engelbert.Tijskens at uantwerpen.be
Mon Nov 21 06:02:52 PST 2016

> Message: 3
> Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 13:38:21 +0000
> From: Gabor Bunkoczi <gabor.bunkoczi at googlemail.com>
> Subject: Re: [cctbxbb] convert an arbitrary point to one inside the
> 	asymmetric unit
>
> On second thought, the simplest solution is to use the direct_space_asu
> object. This is available for all space groups:

> True
> False
>
> BW, Gabor

Thanks for your quick reply, Gabor.
Unfortunately, it does not solve my question. For the example you give above, the second point is not inside the asu, and my question is how i can the corresponding point inside the asu, For a simple space group as P2 the answer is easily figured out by hand. For a space group such as I m -3 m, it becomes complicated. I would like to have a (computationally efficient) method for finding the point inside the asu given an arbitrary point which works for every space group.
Any “third” thoughts?

kindest regards, bert