[cctbxbb] sginfo and sgtbx

Pascal pascal22p at parois.net
Sat Oct 15 06:05:34 PDT 2016

Le 15/10/2016 à 13:05, Luc Bourhis a écrit :
> Hi Pascal,
>
>> Also, anyone can confirm that sgtbx is tightly embedded is cctbx and
>> cannot be used standalone?
>
> sgtbx can be used as a pure C++ library and as such it depends only on
> a few parts of cctbx (Miller indices, unit cell, and a few
> miscellaneous utilities: i.e. a very small fraction of the whole cctbx
> module), and on a few parts of scitbx (arrays, integer matrix row
> echelon reduction), and hashes from the Boost library. As a Python
> library, the dependencies are more numerous.
It is still a fairly amount of dependencies.

> If you could tell us what is your ultimate goal, we could provide more
> help.

Crystals is lacking the capability to get the Hall symbol and space
group from symmetry operators. sginfo works fine but no longer
maintained and I am wondering if a better solution exists.

Another concern when looking at cctbx is it is written in C++. It is
really a hassle as I would need to write C wrapper that I could access
in Fortran.

Pascal