[cctbxbb] Boost Python 1.56

Billy Poon bkpoon at lbl.gov
Wed Apr 5 15:37:55 PDT 2017

Hi all,

I tested Boost 1.56 on our buildbot servers and got some new test failures
with

cctbx_project/scitbx/array_family/boost_python/tst_flex.py
cctbx_project/scitbx/random/tests/tst_random.py

The full log for CentOS 6 can be found at

http://cci-vm-6.lbl.gov:8010/builders/phenix-nightly-intel-linux-2.6-x86_64-centos6/builds/601/steps/test%20cctbx_regression.test_nightly/logs/stdio

It looks like the errors are related to random number generation. For a
given seed, would the sequence of numbers change when Boost is changed? I
did a diff between Boost 1.56 and the current Boost and could not see any
changes that immediately stood out as being related to random numbers.

Are these tests failing for others as well?

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging