[cctbxbb] bootstrap.py on windows

Horst Puschmann horst.puschmann at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 01:59:08 PDT 2017

Hello

I am trying to install the cctbx on a Windows 7 64 bit machine using the
following bootstrap.py file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/cctbx/cctbx_project/master
/libtbx/auto_build/bootstrap.py

The script will fail, unless I comment out lines 1101 and 1102:

    #if self.isPlatformWindows():
      #tarurl, arxname, dirpath = MODULES.get_module(module)().
get_tarauthenticated(auth=self.get_auth())

If it tries to execute the commented lines, the error will be "KeyError:
'cciuser' in line 590"

After commenting this out, it will fail in line 271, with "AttributeError:
'module' object has no attribute '_create_unverified_context'"

I can get round that with disabling line 247:

      if sys.platform == "win32":

(i.e. change this to       if sys.platform == "xxx":)

After that, things start downloading. All appears well until the same thing
happens again in another bootstrap.py file in \modules\cctbx_project\
libtbx\auto_build\bootstrap.py

If I disable *that*, it goes further but fails finally with

===== Running in build: run configure.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bootstrap.py", line 2113, in <module>
    run()
  File "bootstrap.py", line 2108, in run
    enable_shared=options.enable_shared,
  File "bootstrap.py", line 1036, in run
    i.run()
  File "bootstrap.py", line 189, in run
    raise RuntimeError("Could not run %s: File not found" % executable)
RuntimeError: Could not run base\bin\python: File not found

I guess the automatic tests haven't picked this up, because no
authentication is needed, maybe?

Greetings
Horst