[cctbxbb] bootstrap.py on windows

Horst Puschmann horst.puschmann at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 02:44:47 PDT 2017

Hallo Rob,

Richard (Gildea) has figured this out for me -- I was using python 2.7.8
and that's the first part of the problem. I updated to 2.7.13 and the
initial issues to do with ssl are solved.

I am still stuck at the end:

                 Automated CCTBX dependencies build script
                 report problems to cctbx-dev at cci.lbl.gov

Base directory already exists and --skip-if-exists set; exiting.
===== Running in build: run configure.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "bootstrap.py", line 2113, in <module>
    run()
  File "bootstrap.py", line 2108, in run
    enable_shared=options.enable_shared,
  File "bootstrap.py", line 1036, in run
    i.run()
  File "bootstrap.py", line 189, in run
    raise RuntimeError("Could not run %s: File not found" % executable)
RuntimeError: Could not run base\bin\python: File not found

What is it looking for? Please note: this is *not* a development machine.

Greetings
Horst