[cctbxbb] bz2 support on Ubuntu

markus.gerstel at diamond.ac.uk markus.gerstel at diamond.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 05:08:03 PDT 2017

Hi David,

You’ll have to look into the python setup.py script to figure that one out.
https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/2.7/setup.py#L1463
Python expects the library to be in some fixed place, and If it’s not there support is disabled.

Regarding your rebuild question. I would keep the base_tmp directory, you then don’t have to redownload and recompile everything. Stuff should still recompile if anything changed, and if versions are updated etc.
If you definitely want to recompile everything you can still save time by running  this *in the base_tmp directory*:
    find . -maxdepth 1 -mindepth 1 -type d -print0 | xargs -0 -n 1 -- rm –rf
This removes all subdirectories, leaving the files intact, so you don’t have to redownload everything.

I would expect the steps export, rm -rf base, python bootstrap.py base, cd build, setpaths, libtbx.configure, make to suffice.

-Markus