[cctbxbb] Housekeeping / roadmap for future

Billy Poon bkpoon at lbl.gov
Fri Jun 16 14:08:14 PDT 2017

Hi Marcin,

I did look into wxPython (Phoenix). It's not clear how well supported it
is, since it seems like only one person is working on it. But there have
been more recent updates on GitHub (https://github.com/wxWidgets/Phoenix),
so it's something I'm watching.

For the new GUI, a web app seemed too much of a jump currently. I do plan
on more strictly following the Model-View-Controller design pattern so that
we can potentially reuse code (e.g. for translating information from cctbx
data structures for the View) if we move towards a web app.

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging