[cctbxbb] Scons for python3 released

Billy Poon bkpoon at lbl.gov
Tue Oct 10 10:16:03 PDT 2017

Hi Markus,

We plan to do a Phenix release in December, so I would just upgrade scons
first and then work on making the build system work for both Python 2 and
3. The steps for using scons 3.0.0 would be,

1) Use Python 2 to build Python 2 version of CCTBX (no work)
2) Use Python 3 to build Python 2 version of CCTBX (some work, some
disentangling requried)
3) Use Python 3 to build Python 3 version of CCTBX (more work and will
probably take a while)

This would be done on macOS 10.9-10.12 (and probably 10.13), CentOS 5-7,
and probably Ubuntu 14.04 -16.04. I'll need Rob's help with Windows.

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging