[cctbxbb] scitbx without numpy - still supported?

Nicholas Sauter nksauter at lbl.gov
Tue Apr 24 08:10:28 PDT 2018

Nick,

It was always the intention to support flex arrays in the absence of
Numpy.  If there is some refactoring to be done, this principle should be
preserved:  that Numpy is an optional rather than required dependency.

Not sure about the wording in your second sentence.  At the time we
developed flex, branching was not a code development mechanism we used.
Furthermore, not sure why you say Numpy is "exclusively" used in the flex
constructors?  Certainly there are numerous flex constructors that do not
involve Numpy?

Nick Sauter

Nicholas K. Sauter, Ph. D.
Senior Scientist, Molecular Biophysics & Integrated Bioimaging Division
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Rd., Bldg. 33R0345
Berkeley, CA 94720
(510) 486-5713