[cctbxbb] [Dials-support] indexing success rates

Aaron Brewster asbrewster at lbl.gov
Sat Feb 3 01:11:04 PST 2018

Right, typically if I don't know the cell, I'll index a bunch of images
with no target, then use cluster.unit_cell on the results to get a
consensus cell, then re-index with that cell.

For dials.stills_process, the default of fft1d works pretty well generally,
but to get the best results, indexing.method_list=fft1d,fft3d might be
better.  There, if the first method fails the second is tried.
real_space_grid_search can also be used.

Getting a specific image in a composite file (such as hdf5) isn't a use
case I've hit often, so I don't have an easy solution there.  It's possible
an image range parameter to dials.import would be useful?

-Aaron