[cctbxbb] cctbx debug build windows

Robert Oeffner rdo20 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Jul 10 03:42:37 PDT 2018

Dear Pascal,

If you build a debug version of the CCTBX (with explicit /DDEBUG flag
for the compiler) you may need to build a debug version of python from
sources which will produce _d.lib and _d.pyd files. This is a lot of
work. Alternatively it might be easier to build the CCTBX from sources
without optimisation flags and just use the python that comes with a
CCTBX installation.

Rob

On 10/07/2018 11:01, Pascal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How do you build a debug version of cctbx on windows?
>
> After getting an environement working with bootstrap, I reconfigured
> with configure.py --build=debug and it is now failing when linking
> against python27_d.lib
>
> Any advice?
>
> Pascal

Robert Oeffner, Ph.D.
Research Associate, The Read Group
Department of Haematology,
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research
University of Cambridge
Cambridge Biomedical Campus
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building
Hills Road