[cctbxbb] Install OpenBLAS or MKL in base

Billy Poon BKPoon at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 20 10:54:05 PDT 2018

Hi Luc,

Also, we are exploring the use of conda for installing the dependencies
instead of compiling from scratch. There is some preliminary work in
https://github.com/cctbx/conda_build for dependencies and the
"conda_compiler" branch in cctbx_project for building. The
"cctbx_dependencies" conda package already installs mkl and it would be
easy to install openblas.

This should be ready in a few months once some other details (e.g. building
releases, filling in missing dependencies) are worked out.

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging