[cctbxbb] Install OpenBLAS or MKL in base

Luc Bourhis luc_j_bourhis at mac.com
Fri Jun 22 06:16:46 PDT 2018

>> Actually, no, it does not work. We also need LAPACK anyway. And that’s only in FORTRAN as far as I know.
>
> Clapack is also in c.

Ah, yes, Lapack passed through f2c. Forgot about that indeed. Mmmhmmm… Ok, so let’s sum up the alternatives.

1. compile together netlib cblas and clapack, and install in the right place in the cctbx tree

2. copy MKL headers, and shared libs (Linux), dynamic libraries (MacOS), or DLL’s (Windows) to the right place in the cctbx tree

3. compile OpenBLAS and install in the right place in the cctbx tree

I am not convinced option 1 is any simpler, because we need to do the job for two libraries and make sure they work together whereas for option 3 OpenBLAS makefiles take care of everything. Actually, I think option 2 is the simplest one because no compilation is involved.