[cctbxbb] Python 3 and CCP4

[email protected] Graeme.Winter at diamond.ac.uk
Fri Nov 2 04:20:37 PDT 2018

HI All,

To add my 2¢ - I would _strongly_ argue that the closer to the core of cctbx the code goes, the longer it should remain compatible with both languages - things at the periphery (i.e. GUI code) may need to transition in a hurry, but libtbx (say) should aim to stay compatible for a very long time.

At the same time, the core code should ideally be the _first_ to be ported to both 2 / 3 compatibility so that packages built on top have freedom, but it seems on that one we are kind-of inside out…

Best wishes Graeme