[cctbxbb] non-standard test naming in mmtbx

Pearce, N.M. (Nick) n.m.pearce at uu.nl
Tue Oct 2 05:30:36 PDT 2018

Hi,

I’m trying to use the automatic pytest discovery in mmtbx and I notice that there are a few “libtbx-style” tests, namely
	"$D/conformation_dependent_library/test_cdl.py",
   	"$D/conformation_dependent_library/test_cdl_esd.py",
	“$D/conformation_dependent_library/test_rdl.py",
	"$D/conformation_dependent_library/test_hpdl.py”,
that follow the “pytest” naming convention, and are thus picked up by the pytest.discover() function. They then error because pytest cannot run them.

There are — as far as I can tell — normal libtbx tests (they are registered in run_tests.py). Is there any reason they do not follow the typical naming convention?

Changing their filenames and modifying run_tests.py accordingly seems to lead to the same behaviour when running tests.

Is there any reason they should not be renamed from “test_*.py” to “tst_*.py”?

Thanks,
Nick