[cctbxbb] non-standard test naming in mmtbx

[email protected] Graeme.Winter at diamond.ac.uk
Tue Oct 2 20:04:29 PDT 2018

Hi Nigel,

I read Nick’s question differently - some projects do use pytest - so may accidentally pick these tests up and then fail.

The request was to rename the four files as

"Is there any reason they should not be renamed from “test_*.py” to “tst_*.py”?”

for

"$D/conformation_dependent_library/test_cdl.py",
   "$D/conformation_dependent_library/test_cdl_esd.py",
“$D/conformation_dependent_library/test_rdl.py",
"$D/conformation_dependent_library/test_hpdl.py”,

which seems like a reasonable compromise i.e. keep the existing testing scheme and flag that these are “traditional style” libtbx tests  by the prefix tst

Best wishes Graeme