[cctbxbb] Emergency power test at Berkeley this weekend (12/13-12/16)

Billy Poon BKPoon at lbl.gov
Mon Dec 16 23:42:45 PST 2019

Hi everyone,

Over the weekend, there were 2 power events. One on Saturday where the
emergency generator needed to be swapped, so there was a half hour outage
of the servers. And on Sunday, an outage occurred at around 5 pm Pacific
time. The phenix-online.org server was down for about 5 minutes before
rebooting. The cci.lbl.gov server did not automatically reboot when power
was restored, so the cci.lbl.gov website and repositories were down until
the server was restarted this morning. We're investigating with the
facilities team to determine the cause of that power interruption.

Thanks to Graeme for the feedback about downtime of the repositories, and
let me know if there were any other issues. Thanks!

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging