[cctbxbb] Fwd: Conda/DIALS 1.14.5 source build with --use-conda does not work

Billy Poon BKPoon at lbl.gov
Mon May 27 19:01:15 PDT 2019

This feature isn't fully complete yet. That's why the source installers do
not have an option to use conda dependencies in the install script.

 There were 2 cases where the packages in the conda-forge were changed and
the specification lists had to be updated to new builds. That is the cause
of the HTTP error when downloading the files. There was a fix for HDF5 on
April 3 (
https://github.com/cctbx/cctbx_project/commit/ab679156db1a27ec5002c872d3158f7e1d54b51f#diff-e3c3f3db586f95fc929aef0fe93923da)
and April 8 for Windows. And then on March 22 there were fixes for the GCC
libraries (
https://github.com/cctbx/cctbx_project/commit/40fe517cfab03639248700ca28073442eb34e455#diff-e3c3f3db586f95fc929aef0fe93923da)
for Python 2. The same changes were applied to Python 3 on May 12 (
https://github.com/cctbx/cctbx_project/commit/6af789668563d016b24f9b5749cacf992cc553f4#diff-e3c3f3db586f95fc929aef0fe93923da).
Other than that, all the other packages have been stable and accessible for
months.

The solution is to just back up the packages and have the specification
lists point to those locations instead. That would preserve the version and
build of each dependency without worrying about changes in the conda-forge
channel. I'll do this within the next 2 weeks.

--
Billy K. Poon
Research Scientist, Molecular Biophysics and Integrated Bioimaging