[cctbxbb] Question about HHpred parser

Gabor Bunkoczi gabor.bunkoczi at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 24 12:42:30 PDT 2020

Dear Louis,

apologies for the late response, it was a long time ago I wrote the code
and had to look at it to be able to answer your query.

I am assuming that you want to search .hhr-files from hhsearch (i.e. with
multiple hits) as opposed to hhalign. If this is case, tha parser goes ca
50% of what you need, in that in captures the PDB id and also the alignment
sequence, but not the midline. It would not be impossible to extend the
parser to handle this, but currently, it does not. Would this be sufficient?

However, if you plan to process hhalign output, the parser gets everything
out, including the midline.

Best wishes, Gabor