[cctbxbb] a little help for newbie?

georgep georgep at rice.edu
Mon Feb 17 11:12:21 PST 2020

I am starting to write some python code using cctbx, but am missing how to use the C++ bindings.
I am fine unless a try to access them.  Something about my environment or boost of something.

I have
import boost.python
but am cleary missing some fundamental knowledge.

George

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/georgep/PycharmProjects/test_env/HIO_Version3.py", line 225, in <module>
    S0 = percentile[rho_calc_true > percentile(rho_calc_true, solv_frac)] = 1
  File "/Users/georgep/PycharmProjects/test_env/HIO_Version3.py", line 216, in percentile
    order = flex.sort_permutation(x)
Boost.Python.ArgumentError: Python argument types in
    scitbx_array_family_flex_ext.sort_permutation(double)
did not match C++ signature:
    sort_permutation(scitbx::af::const_ref<double, scitbx::af::trivial_accessor> data, bool reverse=False, bool stable=True)
    sort_permutation(scitbx::af::const_ref<unsigned long, scitbx::af::trivial_accessor> data, bool reverse=False, bool stable=True)
    sort_permutation(scitbx::af::const_ref<int, scitbx::af::trivial_accessor> data, bool reverse=False, bool stable=True)

George N. Phillips, Jr.
Ralph and Dorothy Looney Professor
BioSciences at Rice
Rice University, MS140