[cctbxbb] Generate mtz from pdb

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sat Mar 6 11:41:04 PST 2021

Hello AC,

 > Is it possible to generate an .mtz FFT file from a .pdb file in cctbx?

MTZ and PDB are file formats and FFT is not a file format converter. So
my reply below is based on guesses re what you were really asking.

I'm guessing you want to calculate a Fourier map of given resolution
from an atomic model. The lowest level you can do this in cctbx is:

fcalc = xray_structure.structure_factors(d_min=2.4).f_calc()

If this is too obscure, the end-used implementation of the same is
phenix.fmodel; looking at the implementation (which is purely
cctbx-based despite 'phenix' in the tool name) should give you enough
pointers!

Good luck!

Pavel