[phenixbb] Build problems: 1.24.1b on SLES9

Chris Richardson Chris.Richardson at icr.ac.uk
Tue Aug 1 04:19:20 PDT 2006

Dear all,

I've just been trying to install 1.24.1 beta on a new server running
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9.  The machine's a dual Xeon, so I've
been using the 64-bit linux 2.6 build.

I'm invoking install with

     ./install --prefix=/common/app/phenix-1.24.1b

Installation fails with the message

     configuring PHENIX components
     Error configuring: see /common/app/phenix-installer-1.24.1b/
build-binary/intel-linux-2.6-x86_64/zaltu/log/binary.log for details

Looking at the log file, the last few lines are

     ./iotbx/iotbx/shelx/from_ins.py
     ./iotbx/iotbx/shelx/write_ins.py
     ./ccp4io_502_cci/
     ./ccp4io_502_cci/lib/
     ./ccp4io_502_cci/lib/src/
     ./ccp4io_502_cci/lib/data/
     ./ccp4io_502_cci/lib/data/symop.lib
     ./ccp4io_502_cci/CCI_DIFFS
     python: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.6:
cannot open shared
     object file: No such file or directory

SLES v9 uses libstdc++.so.5.  Python works fine on this machine and
is linked to libstdc++.so.5.  I assume (probably incorrectly) that
the error comes from some component of Phenix that is linked to the
later version of the library.

Does anybody have handy hints for installation on SLES?  I would try
it with SLES v10, but that would conflict with other packages we have
running on that machine.

TIA,

Chris
--
Dr Chris Richardson - sysadmin, Structural Biology Section, icr.ac.uk