[phenixbb] Problem with remotely displaying PHENIX

Luca Jovine luca.jovine at biosci.ki.se
Thu Jun 1 07:06:21 PDT 2006

Dear all,

While waiting for a Mac OS X version of PHENIX, I have installed it
on a Linux server, with the idea of remotely display the GUI on our
OS X machines. However, when I try to do so, the GUI briefly opens
and then bombs out with the following message:

LINUX> phenix

         Running the PHENIX GUI with
                 /home/xray/luca/bin/phenix/phenix-1.1a/phenix-1.1a/
build/intel-linux/python/bin/python

         PHENIX distribution located in /home/xray/luca/bin/phenix/
phenix-1.1a/phenix-1.1a/phenix

         Variable SSH_PATH set to /usr/bin/ssh

         Variable PYMOL_PATH set to /home/xray/luca/bin/phenix/
phenix-1.1a/phenix-1.1a/pymol

         Variable RSH_PATH set to /usr/bin/rsh

         Project Details
                 Project Name: luca