[phenixbb] a few questions

Petrus H Zwart PHZwart at lbl.gov
Mon Oct 23 09:09:38 PDT 2006

> I have a few questions about phenix.refine and I couldn't find the
> answer in the manual.
> 1)  How to generate the ligand library in phenix.refine?
Try the wiki:
http://www.phenix-online.org/phenix_wiki
Check under the heading 'refinement'

> 2) Can phenix.refine calculate an OMIT COMPOSITE map?
No. There is something that is called a full omit map, which is something close to a composite omit map. I am not sure how to produce this, maybe Tom Terwilliger can be of assistence there.

> 3) When I used ML as the target, I couldn't find the output of LLG
> or
> similar number in the log file.  How do I know the refinement is
> converged?

Convergence typically depends on the criteria set. In macro molceular refinement, this criteria is usually defined by the number of cycles. In any case, stagnation of R-free and a statisfactory validation of the model is usually a good indication that the end is near.
HTH