[phenixbb] automr with muti components (NMR models)

Randy J. Read rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Dec 9 12:39:14 PST 2007

Hi,

We've had reasonable success with NMR ensembles. A couple of suggestions
for things to try:

1. We don't usually find that it helps to include more than the first 5 or
so members of the NMR ensemble.

2. Even if the sequence identity is 100%, NMR structures usually aren't as
good as X-ray structures for molecular replacement models. So rather than
letting Phaser choose an RMSD for the model from the sequence identity, I
usually set the RMSD to 1.5A for NMR models.

Let me know if you're still having trouble.

Randy Read