[phenixbb] How do I gather the pieces after AutoBuild?

Thomas C. Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Wed Dec 26 18:53:29 PST 2007

Hi Dale,

If you run AutoBuild with "rebuild_in_place=Yes" then it will keep the
pieces that you have, try to rebuild them (in nearby locations), and not
reassemble the molecule.  Rebuilding in place is supposed to be a way to
finish off your structure, and that's why it doesn't move it around.

In your case, you are rebuilding in place after Phaser molecular
replacement.  Usually Phaser will make a compact molecule during MR, so
this should not normally be a problem. I gather that in this case it
didn't do so, however.

With rebuild_in_place=No then AutoBuild should try and make a compact
molecule. If you have NCS then it will try to make a compact molecule with
NCS.

All the best,
Tom T