[phenixbb] Using the Same Test Set in AutoBuild and Phenix.Refine

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Fri Dec 28 16:40:41 PST 2007

Hi Dale,

1) Why you specify reflection MTZ file twice in phenix.refine script?

2) Try exactly the same Autobuild and phenix.refine runs but without any
resolution limits. Is it still crashing in this case? The guess is that
it could be a bug somewhere that causes MD5 calculation on processed
data file (with resolution cutoffs applied) and then this "wrong" MD5
record goes into overall_best.pdb and causes inconsistency when compared
with native 1M50-2.mtz when you start phenix.refine. Again, this is just
a guess...

3) Does this work:

a)
phenix.refine MR.1-protein.pdb 1M50-2.mtz output.prefix=junk
phenix.refine junk_001.pdb 1M50-2.mtz

b)
phenix.refine MR.1-protein.pdb 1M50-2.mtz output.prefix=junk
xray_data.high_res=2.2 xray_data.low_res=20
phenix.refine junk_001.pdb 1M50-2.mtz

c)
phenix.refine MR.1-protein.pdb 1M50-2.mtz output.prefix=junk
phenix.refine junk_001.pdb 1M50-2.mtz xray_data.high_res=2.2
xray_data.low_res=20

Pavel.

PS> I will be away Dec, 30 - Jan, 1. I will have no email access during
this time.
Tom is unreachable Jan 1 - 21.