[phenixbb] ramachanran plot refinement or restraint?

Frank von Delft frank.vondelft at sgc.ox.ac.uk
Thu Jul 26 01:36:22 PDT 2007

Hi Jianghai

For that, you have to rebuild your model.  Ramachandran outliers are
symptoms of poor model, so you have to fix it by hand.  Even if it is
low resolution and huge.

ESPECIALLY if it is low resolution and huge.

Sux.

For the hugeness issue, DEFINITELY use tight NCS restraints if you have
higher NCS.  a) it means less building, and b) it makes refinement more
robust.

Also, please refer to Tassos email on ccp4BB this week:  the question
implies you have some basic reading to catch up on, about refinement and
rebuilding in general.

Cheers
phx