[phenixbb] A question about AutoBuild

Thomas C. Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Mon Jul 30 18:01:20 PDT 2007

Hi Marcelo,

Rebuilding in place means "take the existing model and try to adjust it by
local rebuilding to fit the density better" (...and add water molecules to
unexplained density). I think that the name leaves something to be
desired, but the procedure works well when you have pretty much the whole
thing and you just want to make a better model.

In your case, it would be best to put in the model, but to let AutoBuild
build the remainder of the structure from the map.

Best regards,
Tom T

.> We have solved (in part) a structure by Molecular Replacement. The