[phenixbb] 'Tasks' tab missing from 1.3b GUI and HL coefficients from a model

Stephen Graham stepheng at strubi.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jun 20 15:28:56 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I recently (well, yesterday) installed the latest beta of phenix and
everything is working great from the command line (which is how I use
phenix 99.9% of the time).

However, I fired up the GUI and found that the 'Tasks' tab appears to
be missing from the 'Strategy Interface'.  Is this a bug, a
manifestation of an installation problem, or a feature?

And... I was trying to use the GUI for prime-and-switch phasing to
improve the maps for a partly-refined MR solution.  What is the
recommended path for creating HL coefficients from a model (from
simulated annealing in phenix.refine) so that I can use the GUI's
resolve 'prime-and-switch' strategy?  Or is there an even better way
of removing model bias and density-improving a big, low-res, MR-solved
structure with 4-fold NCS in phenix?

Thanks,

Stephen

--