[phenixbb] phenix.refine problem CIF generated by PRODRG

Petrus H Zwart PHZwart at lbl.gov
Thu Mar 15 08:48:36 PDT 2007

I have seen problems with tye PRODRG cif files as well, mainly due to the presence of 'inconsistent' torsion restraints.

If you use elbow.builder , this should not be a problem (and comes with the phenix suite btw)
You can feed elbow a smiles string, or (if you don't have that) give it a PDB file. If hydrogens or connect records are there, it will do a good job figuring out what the geometry is/should be.

Cheers

Peter