[phenixbb] ls_wunit_k1

Petrus H Zwart PHZwart at lbl.gov
Sun Mar 25 17:18:12 PDT 2007

Hi Jianghai,
Interesting, I though that by default an ML target is used. Something must have happened somewhere.
Check the parameter file and look for the section on bulk solvent scaling ( refinement.bulk_solvent_and_scale ). A target function can be defined, you have the choice between ml and ls_wunit_k1, ml is (I think) selected by default.
There is also a switch present that triggers the refinement of bulk solvent parameters using a least squares target if the r value is larger than a certain value:
ls_bulk_solvent_and_scale_if_r_greater_then = 0.99
Changing the parameter you propose changes the least squares target type if the main target selected is ls and has (as far as I understand) no influence on bulk solvent scaling. If you want, you can send a log file for a closer look.
HTH
Peter