[phenixbb] riding hydrogen and mlhl

Jianghai Zhu jzhu at cbr.med.harvard.edu
Wed Mar 28 15:58:27 PDT 2007

Just tried the phenix.reduce as Paul suggested.  I used
"phenix.reduce -build -flips old.pdb > new.pdb" to generate all the H
atoms.  Then I fed the new.pdb to phenix.refine with
"remove_hydrogens=False". The refinement included individual_sites
+individual_adp+tls.  I compared the results from with/without H
atoms.  Without H atoms: R=0.2369, Rfree=0.2876; with H atoms:
R=0.2363, Rfree=0.2911.  I didn't see much improvement here.  Did I
miss something?  Of course, I understand this is still at the early
stage of development.

Jianghai

Jianghai Zhu, Ph.D
CBR Institute for Biomedical Research