[phenixbb] Binary file not executable during installation?

lkemp at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk lkemp at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Wed May 30 08:45:13 PDT 2007

Hello BB

I am trying to install Phenix on Suse 9.3. I went for the 2.6 version
as i got this: 2.6.11.4-21.17-smp i686 when i typed uname.
However it required libtermcap.so.2 so i switched to the 2.4 version
as suggested on a previous BB query. This however also goes wrong:
This time the binary.log file says that python in /common is not executable
I checked and this was due to the need for libstdc++.so.6. I made a softlink
directing this to the .5 version but it doesnt like this. Does anyone have
any ideas???

Thank you in advance for any help

Lauris