[phenixbb] autobuild 'hires_file'->now FreeR flags, merging, ...

Bryan W. Lepore bryanlepore at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 6 19:34:06 PST 2007

On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Thomas C. Terwilliger wrote:
> The problem is in that version of phenix. I'm sorry about that!  Can you

that solved it, thanks.

>> [1 A] in phenix.autobuild, e.g. a SAD dataset, does the flag
>> 'hires_file=w1.sca' (help says "Merge in hires data"), mean that phases
>> will be extended to a high resolution limit as found in w1.sca?  (vide
>> infra)
>
> Yes, that is correct.

ok, then i have to ask - is phenix merging each reflection?  i.e, i
wouldn't want to do this w/ a derivative and hi-res native, right?

>> [1 B] can the labels be the same as the 'other' data (the documentation
>> suggests this)?
>
> The labels are figured out and used totally independent of the other data
> (labels for hires are input_hires_labels as you mention below)

i have a job running OK, but it be nice to just confirm - when i specify
input_labels='FreeR_flags', that will be the ONLY label taken - right?

further - phenix will know to generate a new FreeR set only for hkl's of
d_min beyond the ones i give it, i.e, keep the low-res FreeR, and add to
it from among the high res data?

-bryan