[phenixbb] autobuild 'hires_file'->now FreeR flags, merging, ...

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Wed Nov 7 13:56:53 PST 2007

Hi Bryan,

>On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Thomas C. Terwilliger wrote:
> > The problem is in that version of phenix. I'm sorry about that!  Can you
>
>that solved it, thanks.

Oh good.

> >> [1 A] in phenix.autobuild, e.g. a SAD dataset, does the flag
> >> 'hires_file=w1.sca' (help says "Merge in hires data"), mean that phases
> >> will be extended to a high resolution limit as found in w1.sca?  (vide
> >> infra)
> >
> > Yes, that is correct.
>
>ok, then i have to ask - is phenix merging each reflection?  i.e, i
>wouldn't want to do this w/ a derivative and hi-res native, right?

Yes, it is merging in each reflection, if I understand the question.
Yes, you might do it with phases from a native+derivative and a
hi-res native. (We're only talking about doing this in autobuild,
after you have "experimental" phases from something.)

-Tom T

Thomas C. Terwilliger
Mail Stop M888
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545

Tel:  505-667-0072                 email: terwilliger at LANL.gov
Fax: 505-665-3024                 SOLVE web site: http://solve.lanl.gov
PHENIX web site: http:www.phenix-online.org
ISFI Integrated Center for Structure and Function Innovation web
site: http://techcenter.mbi.ucla.edu
TB Structural Genomics Consortium web site: http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/TB