[phenixbb] Ignoring SegIDs

Stephen Graham stepheng at strubi.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 9 07:13:50 PDT 2008

Hi all,

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but...  Is there a way to get
phenix.refine to ignore segids?  I ask because COOT seems to be
blithely unaware of segids and they have a habit of disappearing when
one is rebuilding a model, resulting in very odd geometries when the
side chain of a residue is in segment ' ' and the main chain is in
segment 'A'.

Alternatively, is there a 'convert chain IDs to segids' option like in
CNS?  Basically, I would like the segids removed/fixed/ignored
automagically at the start of refinement (since I never use them for
anything useful anyway).

Thanks,

Stephen

--