[phenixbb] phenix - can phenix perform simulated annealing w/o data?

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Fri Apr 18 16:42:23 PDT 2008

Hi Sue,

just to add to Nigel's reply... Yes, you can do geometry regularization
using this command:

phenix.pdbtools --geometry-regularization model.pdb

There are two important parameters that define how far phenix.pdbtools
will go with your model idealization: "max_iterations=500" and
"macro_cycles=1" (500 and 1 are the default values).

If you want to get an almost ideal model, then use something like this:
"max_iterations=100" and "macro_cycles=1000".

Cheers,
Pavel.