[phenixbb] Omit map around a ligand

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Tue Apr 22 12:44:00 PDT 2008

Hi Mathieu,

Can you possibly just try this: replace HETATM
with ATOM in your ligand-to-be-omitted-around
file. This is fixed in the current version but
your version ignores all the HETATM records in
the omit_around_pdb file. I'm sorry about
that.  If that doesn't do it, please ask again...

Otherwise this (from the documentation) should work:

phenix.autobuild data=w1.sca model=coords.pdb omit_box_pdb=ligand.pdb \
    composite_omit_type=sa_omit

Coefficients for the output omit map will be in
the file resolve_composite_map.mtz in the
subdirectory OMIT/ . An additional map
coefficients file omit_region.mtz will show you
the region that has been omitted. (Note: be sure
to use the weights in both resolve_composite_map.mtz and omit_region.mtz).

All the best

-TomT

At 01:26 PM 4/22/2008, you wrote:
>Hi,
>I tried to use phenix.autobuild to generate a SA-omit map around a
>non-protein residue but I didn't succeed.
>Can someone give me a recipe? (perhaps with file from the ligand fit
>examples.... ;-)  )
>Thanks.
>Have a nice day.
>Mathieu.

Thomas C. Terwilliger
Mail Stop M888
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545

Tel:  505-667-0072                 email: terwilliger at LANL.gov
Fax: 505-665-3024                 SOLVE web site: http://solve.lanl.gov
PHENIX web site: http:www.phenix-online.org
ISFI Integrated Center for Structure and Function
Innovation web site: http://techcenter.mbi.ucla.edu
TB Structural Genomics Consortium web site: http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/TB