[phenixbb] [phenix] generate r free flags in phenix.refine not obeying high resolution limit?

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 20 12:47:33 PDT 2008

Here is the paper where I hope these questions are answered:
Acta Cryst. (1995). A51, 880-887

Also, the implementation of ML target calculation and other relevant
calculations in phenix.refine are done exactly as described in this paper.

Namely, the ML target in phenix.refine is the formula 14 in the above
paper; and the estimation of distribution parameters alpha&beta is
described in Appendix

phenix.refine is smart about generating the good free-R flags, where all
necessary considerations are taken into account. Twinning, if present,
is taken care of too.

Pavel.