[phenixbb] phenix.find_ncs and DANO

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Thu Jan 24 12:41:58 PST 2008

Hi Bryan,

>in principle, phenix.find_ncs should be fine with FP=DANO, right?

I'm not quite clear on this, but yes, find_ncs wants a map, and you
can give it any map coefficients with

labin="labin FP=FP PHIB=PHIB FOM=FOM "

>and - do i understand correctly that phenix only correlates the map with
>the .pdb sites, and does not rotate the map about itself (like in getax, i
>think)?

Correct, find_ncs is looking for NCS in the heavy-atom sites as
presented in a PDB file, or in a model as given in a PDB file,
without rotating the map.  Any crystallographic symmetry is
automatically applied.

>-bryan
>
>p.s:
>
>i can run phenix.find_ncs with FP=DANO, but seems that resolve wants it to
>be FP as usual.

It might be helpful if you could send me this example!

I hope that helps!

-Tom T

Thomas C. Terwilliger
Mail Stop M888
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545

Tel:  505-667-0072                 email: terwilliger at LANL.gov
Fax: 505-665-3024                 SOLVE web site: http://solve.lanl.gov
PHENIX web site: http:www.phenix-online.org
ISFI Integrated Center for Structure and Function Innovation web
site: http://techcenter.mbi.ucla.edu
TB Structural Genomics Consortium web site: http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/TB