[phenixbb] optional bits of the CCI Apps installion?

Ben Eisenbraun bene at crystal.harvard.edu
Tue Jun 3 13:39:49 PDT 2008

Hi Phenix Developers,

When I install CCI Apps, I end up with a directory that looks like this:

 $ ls -1
1NSF.pdb
cci_apps_build
cci_apps_fedora3_py251.selfx
cci_apps_install_script.csh
cci_apps_sources
nsf_d2_peak.sca
test_apps

Which of the bits are optional and can be deleted without affecting the
installation?

It seems like the selfx install file is fine to delete.  How about the
sources directory?

 $ du -k --max-depth=1
62584   ./cci_apps_sources
125840  ./cci_apps_build
225012  .

If the sources directory is not needed, that would save me about 30% of
the disk use for the installation, and since I have 2-3 concurrent
versions installed, and those versions get pushed around to ~75 machines
across the network, every bit I can trim helps.

As a side note, I think it might be clearer to refer to the "Opteron"
builds of the CCI Apps as AMD64 or x86_64.  I didn't see anything on the
download page that makes this explicit.

Thanks.

-ben

--
Ben Eisenbraun
Structural Biology Grid                           Harvard Medical School