[phenixbb] Error when specifying anomalous scatterers in autosol.

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Fri Jun 27 12:11:57 PDT 2008

Hi Francis,

Thanks!  I think the problem is here in your cif_def_file_list
parameter file:

    anomalous_scatterers {
      group {
        selection = "name I"
        f_prime = -0.5783
        f_double_prime = 6.8299
      }
    }

where you are specifying the name I for anomalous scatterers...which
seems perfectly reasonable, but....

unlike what you might expect, the anomalously-scattering atoms are not
added to the PDB file created by AutoSol, so the I atom is not present
during refinement and you get the error you show.

In AutoBuild, this should be added automatically, and if not, you can
add it with
input_lig_file_list=my_ha_file.pdb

So yes, just go on to AutoBuild.  The build in AutoSol is really just
to see if everything is working ok...not to do a real build. The
default now is to use "helices_strands_only" so that this build goes
very fast.
I hope that helps!
-Tom T