[phenixbb] Possible to rebuild only certain residues in a molecule?

Tom Terwilliger terwilliger at lanl.gov
Mon Mar 3 16:19:16 PST 2008

Hi Francis,

Yes, you can rebuild specific residues with

rebuild_res_start_list="20"
rebuild_res_end_list="23"
rebuild_chain_list="A"

to rebuild residues 20-23 of chain A.  You can have several sets with
rebuild_res_start_list="20 66"
rebuild_res_end_list="23 69"
rebuild_chain_list="A B"

to rebuild 20-23 of chain A and 66-69 of chain B.

I have never actually tried it, but yes, that should work for
multiple models as well.  Just add:

multiple_models=True  multiple_models_number=5   multiple_models_starting=No

All the best,
Tom T

At 04:01 PM 3/3/2008, you wrote:
>All
>
>Can the rebuild process be directed to rebuilding specific residues in
>the molecule? Can this be extended to build multiple models of a given
>set of residues?
>
>Thanks
>
>FR

>Francis Reyes M.Sc.
>215 UCB
>University of Colorado at Boulder
>
>gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 67BA8D5D
>
>8AE2 F2F4 90F7 9640 28BC  686F 78FD 6669 67BA 8D5D

Thomas C. Terwilliger
Mail Stop M888
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos, NM 87545

Tel:  505-667-0072                 email: terwilliger at LANL.gov
Fax: 505-665-3024                 SOLVE web site: http://solve.lanl.gov
PHENIX web site: http:www.phenix-online.org
ISFI Integrated Center for Structure and Function Innovation web
site: http://techcenter.mbi.ucla.edu
TB Structural Genomics Consortium web site: http://www.doe-mbi.ucla.edu/TB