[phenixbb] Enhancement request for map formats

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve rwgk at cci.lbl.gov
Tue Mar 4 06:27:02 PST 2008

Hi Carsten,
There are licensing issues, unfortunately. We are in somewhat of
a holding pattern when it comes to integrating CCP4 libraries.
The most compact format for storing map information is the mtz
format, which we write along with the xplor maps. Have you looked
into computing ccp4 maps using the coefficients in the mtz files?
I realize it still as an additional step, but at least you don't
have to deal with the size overhead of xplor maps (you can turn
off the xplor maps with output.write_maps=False).
Ralf