[phenixbb] Question about occupancy refinement of riding hydrogens

Pavel Afonine PAfonine at lbl.gov
Tue Mar 4 12:07:34 PST 2008

Hi Carsten,

in phenix.refine H atoms are treated as a very special case (if you are
not refining a structure at 0.37A resolution or so).

Here is what refined for hydrogens by default:

  hydrogens
  {
    refine_sites = individual *riding
    refine_adp = one_b_per_residue *one_b_per_molecule individual
    refine_occupancies = one_q_per_residue *one_q_per_molecule individual
    contribute_to_f_calc = True
  }

You can stop refining occupancies for H by using
"hydrogens.refine_occupancies=none", same for their B-factors, but I
would never do it.

Pavel.