[phenixbb] autosol output to electron density figure in pymol

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed Mar 5 08:15:18 PST 2008

Hi Shivesh,

this is what I usually do: manipulate the structure in Coot and make
publishable pictures in Pymol. To do this, just take the output from
Autosol and run phenix.refine - it will produce the Xplor formatted maps
that you can use in Pymol:

% phenix.refine overall_best.pdb data.mtz

where data.mtz is you data file containing Fobs, freeR flags (please do
not confuse it with map coefficients file
overall_best_refine_map_coeffs.mtz). By default it will produce two
files (with .map extensions) one containing 2mFo-DFc and another mFo-DFc.

You can also ask phenix.refine to produce any number of maps with other
coefficients, for example 3Fo-2Fc, 3.3Fo-2.2Fc, etc. (for this you will
need the latest version of phenix.refine currently available from CCI Apps).

Cheers,
Pavel.