[phenixbb] native Patterson peak

Peter Zwart PHZwart at lbl.gov
Thu May 1 10:13:12 PDT 2008

31 is not too bad actually.

When you have such a PT peak, I would consider only an even number of
copies in the ASU.

When entering desperate mode, I would try all possible P2x2y2z flavors
even though your systematic absences might be clear.

Of course, experimental phases could be a good solution.

HTH

2008/5/1 David Garboczi <dgarboczi at niaid.nih.gov>:
> We have datasets measured on crystals of a 19 kD protein that are
>  P212121, with cell constants of 66, 75, 136.
>
>  Matthew's considerations say 3, 4, or 5 copies per au are probable.
>
>  xtriage finds a native peak at (0.0, -0.5, 0.036) that is 31 in
>  height (origin=100)
>
>  No self-rotation function peaks in xprep, that I can understand.
>
>  Is this clearly translational symmetry that is making MR difficult?
>
>  Hints as to how to go forward are welcome.
>
>  thanks,
>
>  Dave
>

>  --
>  David N. Garboczi, PhD
>  Phone: 301-496-4773
>  Investigator, Structural Biology Section (SBS)
>  Laboratory of Immunogenetics (LIG)
>  National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
>  National Institutes of Health (NIH)
>  Twinbrook 2/Room 110
>  12441 Parklawn Drive
>  Rockville, Maryland 20852-1742
>  Fax:    301-402-0284
>  Email: dgarboczi at niaid.nih.gov

P.H. Zwart
Beamline Scientist
Berkeley Center for Structural Biology
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratories
1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA-94703, USA
Cell: 510 289 9246
BCSB: http://bcsb.als.lbl.gov
PHENIX: http://www.phenix-online.org
CCTBX: http://cctbx.sf.net