[phenixbb] native Patterson peak

David Garboczi dgarboczi at niaid.nih.gov
Thu May 1 10:23:23 PDT 2008

Data was integrated with XDS, indexed on all the
frames.  No other choice but primitive
orthorhombic, I think.  I was interpreting it as
two mols along the y-axis were two fold related,
which made a translation between them and the
next au along y.

Dave

>How certain are you regarding your space group ?
>The native peak at almost 0 -0.5 0 is suspicious. If you used HKL for
>indexing try something else with multiple images separated by e.g. 15
>degrees and see if you can process your dataset in a different space group.
>
>Juergen
>
>David Garboczi wrote:
>
>>We have datasets measured on crystals of a 19 kD protein that are
>>P212121, with cell constants of 66, 75, 136.
>>
>>Matthew's considerations say 3, 4, or 5 copies per au are probable.
>>
>>xtriage finds a native peak at (0.0, -0.5, 0.036) that is 31 in
>>height (origin=100)
>>
>>No self-rotation function peaks in xprep, that I can understand.
>>
>>Is this clearly translational symmetry that is making MR difficult?
>>
>>Hints as to how to go forward are welcome.
>>
>>thanks,
>>
>>Dave
>>

>--
>Jürgen Bosch
>University of Washington
>Dept. of Biochemistry, K-426
>1705 NE Pacific Street
>Seattle, WA 98195
>Box 357742
>Phone:	 +1-206-616-4510
>FAX:	 +1-206-685-7002
>Web:     http://faculty.washington.edu/jbosch

David N. Garboczi, PhD
Phone: 301-496-4773
Investigator, Structural Biology Section (SBS)
Laboratory of Immunogenetics (LIG)
National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Twinbrook 2/Room 110
12441 Parklawn Drive
Rockville, Maryland 20852-1742
Fax:    301-402-0284
Email: dgarboczi at niaid.nih.gov

The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is
confidential and may contain sensitive information. It should not be
used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient.  If you have
received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it
from your mailbox or any other storage devices.  The National Institute
of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)  shall not accept liability
for any statement made that are the sender's own and not expressly made
on behalf of the NIAID by one of its representatives.